Friday, October 19, 2007

The number of times I have recently seen New Yorkers biking while smoking

is two. So I can say with a fair amount of confidence that I have seen at least two New Yorkers recently who may not realize how ironically crazy they seem. But it's probably a higher number.

Also, on wet pavement my bicycle tires sound like a record left spinning with the needle on.

Incidentally, though seemingly crazy, both smoking cyclists seemed to be very good, experienced cyclists, so in a way it is actually quite impressive.

Finally, the thought has not escaped me that biking in New York, especially during rush hour and on certain streets, is for everyone like biking while smoking, but that just means that those two people were basically biking while smoking two cigarettes at once.



(P.S. This random rant is brought to you by the fact that biking to work is fun.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home